To be eligible for the Program, a candidate must meet the following criteria.
- Be a pediatric clinician, educator, or investigator, in early or mid-career, in general pediatrics, pediatric hospital medicine, child abuse pediatrics, developmental-behavioral pediatrics, pediatric emergency medicine, and other related disciplines who desires to increase their research skills.
- Arrange payment of a tuition fee of $5500, due on March 1, 2017. If payment is not received by this date, your position will be filled by an individual on the waitlist.
- Agree to commit 10% effort during the three years of the program participation; attend RSP teaching sessions; complete required assignments; and conduct an individual research project, under the guidance of a mentor that results in a peer-reviewed publication or presentation. A statement must be signed by the applicant and his / her supervisor agreeing to the 10% time commitment.
- Each applicant must select a project topic and mentor prior to applying for the program. RSP faculty is available for discussion of project ideas prior to application submission, if needed. Projects may be modified post program enrollment, after discussion with the scholar's mentor, assigned RSP faculty advisor, and the RSP Director.
Scholars are responsible for finding their own local mentors. If you are unable to do so, RSP program administrators can facilitate connection with a mentor (contact the APA Office at least one month prior to the application deadline). A letter of agreement by the project mentor must be submitted with the application. .
- You must be (or become) a current member of the Academic Pediatric Association to enroll in the RSP.
- There is a $75 fee to apply for this program.
Application materials must be received by 11:59 PM EST on Friday, January 13, 2017. The applicant is responsible for collecting and electronically submitting the required signed statements from the supervisor and mentor as well as the letters of reference, and other parts of the application (see below).
During the online application process, you will be asked to submit the following materials electronically online:
STEP 1. Personal information, CV and Statement of Agreement to Participate.
STEP 2. Project description (500 words + 250-word Personal Statement).
STEP 3. Required statement and Letter of Support from your Supervisor.
STEP 4. Required statement, Letter of Support, and biosketch from your Mentor.
STEP 5. Pay the $75 application fee and submit your application.
If you have any questions regarding the application or application process, contact the APA Office at 703-556-9222 or firstname.lastname@example.org